RAIDLIGHT, WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
We were looking for a name to represent lightweight products for adventurers, internationally recognisable, something with modernity of innovation, a strong dynamic for a global future.
"Raid" refers to the origins - Trail Running, Adventure/Expedition racing (this is a "Raid" in French), Orienteering.
"Light" underlines the brand's main area of innovation - designing and developing lightweight equipment for increased comfort of the participants.
The logo is in the style of a compass, the 4 arrows in 4 directions are the cardinal points, symbolising the taste for adventure around the world.
- International level runner, Benoit Laval establishes RaidLight, a brand for trail running and adventure racing, born from his passion for the mountains and running, combined with his expertise as a textile engineer (working as a sub contractor to many large sportswear brands).
- With design and manufacturing skills in one hand and knowledge and experience of the sport in the other he had a desire to make his own prototypes. So. RaidLight began in a garage, with 10 products and 2 trestle tables at races.
- Starts exporting products
- First research and development project for Sporaltec, an sporting innovations group
- RaidLight takes on Vertical brand (outdoor and ski)
Creation of the Trail Running Resort Network, winning Innovation Awards Bref Rhône-Alpes , and the Janus Design award from the French Institute of Design. Creation of the first Espace Ski de Rando (Ski Touring Resort) in Europe.
- Creation of the Ski Touring Resort Network.
- Creation of "Outdoor INO-Fab", a textile production workshop utilising new technologies in Saint Pierre de Chartreuse.
- Integration of RaidLight-Vertical into the Rossignol group.
The first brand to have a team that is open to all trail runners wanting to promote the brand. RaidLight also allows team members to join in the R&D process through its collaborative design process.